Suggest treatment for hip pain

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Quick question doctor,

Since this morning, ive had an onset of right outer hip/leg pain (see picture for exact location). I dont recall twisting my leg or anything but this outer pain is a little worrisome, just due to its random occurance. I should mention that ive been having right and left side abdominal issues lately as well (most likely linked to diet). I dont know if its referred pain but this hip pain feels more like a soreness than anything.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be minor capsulitis.

Detailed Answer:
The soreness in the hip that you have is likely to be due to a minor capsular inflammation - can be related to wrong posture or unexpected exercise. This is not related to the abdominal or digestive issues that you are having.
This can improve with rest hot compress and mild pain killers. Taking joint lubricant supplements like gluosamine and chondroitin will also help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 11 hours later
Understood. Is it normal to feel sensations in your big toe on the same leg in experiencing in pain on the same side?

Not numbing but almost like there's a tenderness from the other hip downwards. The pain is much better today but this sensation is now present.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be mild nerve root irritation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Sensation in the big toe can be a referred pain due to a mild nerve root irritation. No need to worry. it will subside on its own.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon