Suggest treatment for high triglyceride and blood sugar levels

Posted on Sat, 13 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Medical report of self is attached. Suger level and Triglycerides are high. Kindly guide me for treatment. Keeping attached reports in mind, kindly Also inform me, if stress Eco for heart functioning is required or not.
Answered by Dr. Divakara 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload the reports.

Detailed Answer:
HI XXXXXXX

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

I couldn't find any reports attached with this query. Kindly upload them again.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 19 minutes later
Sir,

Reports are attached.
Answered by Dr. Divakara 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Blood sugars are high.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Your report is uploaded now. I went through your report and found few abnormalities.

1. Your Triglycerides and VLDL is high and HDL is low. These derangements are mild and doesn't require medication.

But you need to start low cholesterol diet like avoiding sweets, non veg , cheese, butter , ghee and junk food.

Also do daily aerobic exercises like brisk walking, jogging, running, cycling or swimming for at least 20 minutes per day.

2. Your fasting and postprandial blood sugar is elevated. You need to be started on medication for that.

I recommend you to be started on Metformin. Kindly ask your doctor to start you on this medication.
Repeat Fasting and Postprandial blood sugars after 1 month.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarification feel free to ask.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 40 minutes later

Thank you sir for prompt response.

I am interested in ayurvedic medicine rather than alopethic one, what do you suggest.

Also suggest me, if we should go for stress Eco test to know proper working of heart.
Answered by Dr. Divakara 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need for stress ECHO test.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Even Ayurvedic medicines also can be used but know one thing Diabetes is a controllable disease but not curable . If someone claims that he can cure diabetes then they are not speaking truth.

There is no need for any stress ECHO test, a normal ECHO is enough.

Any clarification feel free to ask.

Regards.
Dr. Divakara