• question-icon

Suggest treatment for high prolactin levels

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: How to reduce high prolactin levels mine is 52 also taking cabergolin for more than five years I m fed up with this
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Prolactinoma

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your question and understand your concern

“As” per your test result your level is high and you are taking right medication but now you are fed up taking medications so first of all discuss with your doctor that by taking medications what improvements you have achieved so far regarding signs and symptoms.so by medication it takes time for hormone level to come to normal level.Prolactinoma treatment consists of two main therapies like medication and surgical procedure.

Secondly if medication is not tolerable to you then you can discuss with your doctor about surgical procedure and it is done through your nasal cavity and it has no complication at all.

Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo