Suggest treatment for high fever
Antibiotics are not essential.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Most often children get fever due to certain viral infections. Unless the child is lethargic and really ill when she does not have fever, you need not worry. Viral infections do not respond to antibiotics and so giving antibiotics would not help. Tylenol would be the mainstay of treatment.
If the child is lethargic and ill, the first step would be to get a blood count and CRP (C-reactive protein) checked. It is only if the counts and CRP are high that antibiotics need to be given.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for persisting high fever
- Zinnat treatment for high fever
- What treatment is suggested for high fever
- Treatment and cure for high fever
- Suggest medication for high fever
- Suggest treatment for high fever
- Child having high fever suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment to cure high fever
- Treatment and cure for high fever nausea
- Treatment and cure for intermittent high fever