Suggest treatment for high fever

Question
Hi Doctor,
This is regarding my father aged 52 years.
Since last 3 days he is having high fever i.e 102 c. Along with chills and cold.
He is also not able to control urination and has urine intolerance. Further urine is orange in colour.
Our family doctor advised to get the blood test done. Cbc, sugar, urine Rt. Malaria.
Please find the reports attached and let me know what is the reason. and As per report it states Neutrophilia and lymphopenia.
Also please let me know what is occult blood and red blood cells in urine.
He is also having low rbc.

Thanks.
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Acute infection...

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for the health situation your father is in.

Now, you are reporting that he is having high fever of 102 grade along with chills and cold. Such symptoms are indicative for common cold or viral infection.

You are also reporting that he is unable to control urination. I have gone through the urine analysis and noticed trace of albumin in his urine which is indicative that his kidneys are suffering (most probably due to infection).

Such urinary problems have been precipitated by viral infection he might have.
A course of antibiotics (ciprofloxacin or levofloxacin are the drugs of choice) is advised.

The presence of occult blood and red blood cells in urine are indicative for urinary tract bleeding, most probably due to laceration of urinary pathways from infection/inflammation. This would explain why his rbc are low.

Apart antibiotics, I'd advise to take:
- magnesium citrate salts to be taken with plenty of water
- take herbal supplements that would improve urinary tract problems (can find them over the counter.

Neutrophilia and lymphocytopenia are also noted in your blood work, both are indicative for acute infection as your father is experiencing. Once the infection is properly treated, these two parameters will be back to normal again.

Wish fast recovery! Let me know if anything unclear!
Dr.Albana