Suggest treatment for high fever with sore throat
Get a throat swab culture.
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, it seems that you might be having a bacterial infection in your throat and needs medication.
I would advise that you should get a throat swab culture and sensitivity test done to know the causative organisms and the appropriate antibiotic for it.
An antibiotic according to the reports of the throat swab culture along with an antihistamine like Fexofenadine 120 mg once a day will be helpful in controlling your symptoms. You should take paracetamol 500mg three to four times a day for high grade fever.
Warm saline gargles will have an added beneficial effect.
Avoid cold and spicy foods.
I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High fever sore throat then low body temp in children
- Postinor causes sore throat and high fever
- High fever coughing sore throat stomach ache
- High fever with a sore throat after a dog bite
- High fever stomach ache sore throat in child
- High fever sore throat cough blood
- High fever stomach ache sore throat children
- High fever and sore throat
- High fever sore throat suggestions
- Barking cough high fever and sore throat