Suggest treatment for high fever in an infant

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Child Health
Question: Hi my Daughter is 7 months old and she had the fever 101.86 pls suggest the dosage of mental p suspension
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please let me know the present weight of the child.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

The dose of Meftal P suspension is 7.5mg/kg/dose to be given at a minimum interval of 8 hours. I would need to know the body weight of your child in order to be able to give you the exact amount needed for your daughter.

I will await your response.

Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 5 minutes later
HER WEIGHT IS 6KG. ALSO TELL ME THE DOSAGE IS 7.5MG OR .75MG???
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dosage mentioned.

Detailed Answer:
The dose is 6-8 mg/kg (taken as 7.5mg/kg) and not 0.75 mg/kg.

The dose of Meftal P (Mefenamic acid 100 mg/5ml) should be 2ml per dose for your child.