Suggest treatment for high fever in a child
Dear parent, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns.. This is probably due to a type of viral tonsillitis that is called infectious mononucleosis which presents with swollen tonsils , possible tingling and pins and needle sensation , persistent fever and enlarged lymph nodes of the armpits or else where in the body..
This viral infection is usually self limited , will require rest , staying adequately hydrated and antipyretics..
If panadol alone is not effective in reducing his feve then you need to use ibuprofen in alternation with panadol every four hours .. this means that you give a panadol dose followed by an ibuprofen dose after four hours and so on..
It is also important to follow up by an abdominal examination to exclude the developement of infectious mononucleosis complications such as enlarged spleen or hepatitis .. Although unlikely complications but still possible and needs to be rolled out.. I hope you find this helpful ..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for persisting high fever
- Zinnat treatment for high fever
- What treatment is suggested for high fever
- Treatment and cure for high fever
- Suggest medication for high fever
- Suggest treatment for high fever
- Child with high fever hyperactivity
- Child having high fever suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment to cure high fever
- Treatment and cure for high fever nausea