Suggest treatment for high fever in a child
My son is 9month old and he had fever for 3 days cause of ear infection and temperature was 104.
He is taking antibiotic 2s a day. And I stop giving him Motrin cause he has no temperatur anymore thank god. But his body is so cold feet hands face neck head also sweating really bad from his head and shoulders. He woke up uncomfortable and cried for bit then slept again. So my queotion is why his body is freezing cold why is head is sweating? Is this normal?
Get the child evaluated by a doctor.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections and antibiotics are ineffective in such cases. However However, once started, the course should be completed. If the infection is severe, the peripheral blood vessels are collapsed thus giving a cold sensation to touch when actually the core temperature is raised. Sweating may also be seen. Overall it calls for a medical attention and you should visit a doctor and get the child evaluated.
Give steam inhalation to your child. Water vapor will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the cough and thus would provide relief. You need to give paracetamol or acetaminophen to bring down the temperature. If paracetamol is not effective in bringing down the temperature, you need to use Meftal-P (mefenamic acid) which is more effective. Also use tepid sponging. Giving some antiallergic like cetirizine will take care of the runny nose.
Please be patient, it should spontaneously resolve in 5-7 days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for persisting high fever
- Zinnat treatment for high fever
- What treatment is suggested for high fever
- Treatment and cure for high fever
- Suggest medication for high fever
- Suggest treatment for high fever
- Child with high fever hyperactivity
- Child having high fever suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment to cure high fever
- Treatment and cure for high fever nausea
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever