Suggest treatment for high fever during 5 weeks of pregnancy

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi,
I suspect that I am 5 weeks pregnant. I will do the home pregnancy test tomorrow morning. But right now I am running high viral fever (101 to 103 deg F approx). I had a paracetamol almost 6 hours ago, my second since morning. I still have fever. My gynaecologist says not more than 3 tablets per day. If I have one now, can I have one at night too? That will make it 4 since morning. First tablet was taken at 7 am, second at 1 pm. Will the high fever and paracetamol negatively affect the foetus?
Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can take 4 tablets a day

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Health Care.Magic Forum. Thanks for trusting is with your health query.I have gone through your query and understand your concerns completely.
Yes you can take another one as upto 2 grams a day is allowed a day.
You can also do cold sponging along which will help a lot along with paracetamol
Dr Manisha Jain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T