Suggest treatment for high fever and vomiting in a toddler
1- High fever - alternating between 99 to 102.4
2- Vomitting - 3-4 times
3- Loose motions - frequently
We are giving the following medication for the last 36 hours based on doctor advise, and also giving electrolytes when he goes loose motion. He is recovering slowly, but his face is currently bloated slightly. Can you please advise if I need to be concerned about this. Is there anything else I need to do?
It appears like a case of slight food poisoning (all these started after he had some chickpeas). Can we give curd? also, can we give all varieties of fruits? please let me know if i need to follow any restrictions..
thanks so much for your help in advance.
Please see attached a picture of his face to see the bloating..
Please get tested
Hi and thanks for your query.
The swollen may just be due to low nutrition due to illness or it maybe a symptom of an underlying complication. Since it is less than 5 days it is not yet time to get tested. But a doctor will be better able to tell after examination.
In my opinion he may be tested.
Yes he can be given any food that he likes to take including curd and fruit. Give curd in moderation. Give him clean water to drink. try giving pomegranate seeds as a whole as it may control loose motions. Avoid juices and limit milk to less than 300 ml. Avoid citrus fruits too.
Hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for high fever
- Fever vomiting drowzy in a child advise and treatment
- High fever vomiting taking zifi 50 suspension overdose occurred consequences
- Fever vomiting diarrhea athletic treatment
- Toddler rosey cheeks fever vomiting
- Effective treatment for fever vomiting diarrhea and headache
- Suggest treatment for high fever
- Medical certificate sample for high fever vomiting
- Child having high fever suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment to cure high fever
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...