Suggest treatment for high fever and chest congestion

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I have a 103 degree temperature and a lot of chest congestion
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
LRTI, Chest x ray , antibiotics based on clinical assessment

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

High fever with chest congestion that is also associated with a cough and excess sputum production indicates an LRTI ( lower respiratory tract infection ). A chest x ray would be required to rule out a serious cause such as pneumonia. Based upon the clinical findings , antibiotics like clarithromycin or levofloxacin can be prescribed. You may continue the Mucinex D or another expectorant along with the antibiotics.

Let me know if you have any query

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil