Suggest treatment for high fever and body pain

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi I had high fever yesterday. It had reduced a little as I took dolo 650 I 8 hr gaps after food. I only have fever and body pain and no cough and cold. If the fever does not reduce by tomorrow do I consult a doctor. What can be the probable cause here.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely viral fever or flu but please consult doctor if no improvement

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

1. There are many patients who are coming down with flu over the last month and most likely you also might have the flu. This is the same virus causing common cold but might be of a different strain and therefore causing fever and body ache.

2. This flu usually improves in 3 days and the patient recovers in 5 to 7 days with good supportive care and eating healthy food and fresh juices.

3. Rarely it is possible for patients having serious conditions like dengue fever, typhoid fever and similar infections having high fever and body ache. The fever in these conditions usually persists even after taking precautions and it worsens. Dengue and some fevers might also cause rashes on the skin but this does not happen in every patient.

4. It is good to consult a doctor if your fever does not improve by tomorrow and also get blood investigations including a complete blood count and if required then tests for specific conditions like dengue fever and typhoid fever.

5. Please take rest from work and drink adequate amount of fluids and eat healthy home cooked food.

Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.Vivek