Suggest treatment for high cholesterol levels

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Another question for Dr. Ill Sharka... just, recently, asked about statins to take for my high cholesterol. Had been taking Atvorstatin for a long time. Decided to ask for Rosuvastatin because friend's have recommended it. If it has same side effects as Atvorstatin, should I just stay with Atvorstatin. Which drug do you prefer?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Following advice

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

Roosuvastatin has the same side effects as other statins (including atorvastatin), however it's more effective in lowering and stabilising the cholesterol levels.

This is why I prefer roosuvastatin over other statins.

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Thank you so much!!!
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are mostly welcome to contact me again!

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,
Dr. SHehu