Suggest treatment for high cholesterol levels
No need of medications for high cholesterol.
Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P
Thanks for posting your query.
Yes your brothers cholesterol is high but since he is just 35 and there is no diabetes or any history of heart disease there is no need to start medications for high, but obviously he need to do regular exercise and be on low cholesterol diet.
Diet : Low calorie low cholesterol diet -- Avoid Sweets , Carbonated beverages , Non Veg food , Junk Food , Cheese , Butter and Ghee. Eat more of fruits, vegetables and drink plenty of water .
Exercise : Do aerobic exercises like Brisk walking , Jogging , Running , Cycling or Swimming at least 30 minutes every day .
Repeat his cholesterol test ( Lipid Profile ) after 6 months and revert back.
His Liver enzymes are slightly elevated : That can happen following any infection ( viral or bacterial ) or sometimes due to medicine intake. There is no need to be of concerned about this . It will normalize in 2-3 weeks .
Apart from this I have noticed his Vitamin B12 levels and Vit D levels are also low.
For that he needs to take Vitamin D supplements and Vitamin B12 Injections for 3 months.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarification feel free to ask .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest diet for high cholesterol treatment
- Treatment and cure for high cholesterol level
- Extremely high cholesterol levels
- High cholesterol levels in women
- Diet for high cholesterol levels
- Natural high cholesterol treatment
- Very high cholesterol level
- What is high cholesterol level
- Treatment and cure for high cholesterol
- High cholesterol causes and treatment