Suggest treatment for high cholesterol levels
Therapeutic lifestyle changes and supplements advised as following...
I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.
Routinely, when a patient is presented for the first time in my clinic with high cholesterol levels, I advise to follow healthy diet and lifestyle changes for the first 3 months. If after this period, the blood cholesterol levels won't improve, then, we can discuss about using medication.
In your case, if it is the first time you've found high cholesterol levels, then, should follow with therapeutic lifestyle and diet changes (TLC):
- avoid consuming foods high in calories, sugar, and fat
- eat more fruits and vegetables
- avoid fried or processed foods
- have more low fat dairies
- be more physically active
- increase water intake
With regards to supplements, you should know the basics of them: they do contain the extract of herbs (artichoke) and cereals (red yeast rice, barley, etc) that can help lower cholesterol faster.
You can use these supplements, however, you need to take also those supplements that contain vitamins and minerals which can also help reduce cholesterol levels too.
Please bare in mind that supplements alone cannot help. You should continue with TLC too.
Hope it was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest diet for high cholesterol treatment
- Treatment and cure for high cholesterol level
- Extremely high cholesterol levels
- High cholesterol levels in women
- Diet for high cholesterol levels
- Natural high cholesterol treatment
- Very high cholesterol level
- What is high cholesterol level
- Treatment and cure for high cholesterol
- High cholesterol causes and treatment