Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for high cholesterol and triglycerides

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
My cholesterol is 235, Triglycerides 380, HDL cholesterol 32, vldl cholesterol 76. I stopped lipitor because making me so depress. How bad it is?I do not execise and do not have a specific diet.
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that your lipid profile is quite deranged and you will require the medicine for it . You can try a different salt namely Rosuvastatin . If you are able to tolerate it , its very good otherwise then other drugs like fenofibrate etc. will need to be tried.

You should also exercise at least half an hour 5 days a week and avoid saturated fats to the XXXXXXX

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor