Suggest treatment for high cholesterol and triglycerides

Rheumatologist
Question
My cholesterol is 235, Triglycerides 380, HDL cholesterol 32, vldl cholesterol 76. I stopped lipitor because making me so depress. How bad it is?I do not execise and do not have a specific diet.
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Cholesterol

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that your lipid profile is quite deranged and you will require the medicine for it . You can try a different salt namely Rosuvastatin . If you are able to tolerate it , its very good otherwise then other drugs like fenofibrate etc. will need to be tried.

You should also exercise at least half an hour 5 days a week and avoid saturated fats to the XXXXXXX

Dr. Shruti