Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for high blood sugar,fatigue and hair fall

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 1561 Questions
Yesterday I was diagnosed with elevated blood sugar, elevated triglycerides with high cholesterol, Hypercalcemia and Polyarthralgia. I was prescribed with Lovastatin 20 mg Co Q-10 100mg, Vitamin D3 1000, fish oil and told not to take calcium. I am concerned with the symptoms I have been having for about 20 years of feeling fatigued, sleepy, my hair falling out and thinning mainly around the frontal area, my throat feels swollen, depressed, irritable, no sex drive, I feel cloudy especially in the morning and have pain in my body. I do not feel the later issues where addressed and the symptoms I mentioned contribute to me having a less than perfect quality of life. At times I can't do normal things, it all interferes with me living a normal happy life.
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Calcium abnormalities

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

Most of your symptoms can be explained with calcium abnormalities. In our body calcium levels should be maintained with in a narrow range. Any deviations from normal range results in varied symptoms.
With correction of calcium levels, there should be improvement in your life

Raised sugar levels and cholesterol levels may not present with any symptom initially but they affect functioning of many organs in our body in later stage, if not controlled with treatment.

I appreciate you are already on treatment for raised sugar and cholesterol levels. Be compliant to them. Get regular monitoring done.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor