Suggest treatment for high blood sugar levels

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I had a reaction to levaquin,I have now high blood sugar can it be reversed?
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About high glucose level;

Detailed Answer:
Infections or allergic reactions treated with corticosteroids may be a cause of temporary increase in blood sugar.
But you should check the HbA1c level to be sure that the raise in blood glucose is temporary.
If the HbA1c is under 6.5% it means that is very probable that the blood glucose will get back to previous levels.
Anyway you should keep monitoring it. If it persists high, inform your physician to start treatment.
Hope the information will help.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad