Suggest treatment for high blood sugar levels
My name is XXXX, my age is 37 years and weight 78 Kgs. I am taking a dosage of Metride 2Mg in the morning empty stomach. I checked blood sugar empty stomach on 20th March it was 286 now today when I check it was 296 please advise.
Control of diabetes
Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.
It seems your diabetic state is not under control with Metride 2Mg (Combination of Glimepiride 2 mg & Metformin 500 mg).Adequate control means fasting blood sugar should have been 100 mg%.
To achieve better control,one needs to add DPP-4 inhibitors or gliptins, either Stagliptin or Vidagliptin probably 100 mg/day.
Total dose of metformin may also be increased to 1500 mg/day.
A basal insulin like (insulin glargine) 10 units s.c. at bedtime will help achieve target blood sugar level,when added to oral hypoglycemic drugs(OHA).
These are all prescription drugs.I have only mentioned additional oral hypoglycemic drugs and basal insulin,since your fasting blood sugar is quite high with your present medication.You need to discuss with your local physician or diabetologist.
Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment of high level urea in blood
- Treatment of high blood sugar 187
- What is the treatment blood sugar level of 280
- Suggest treatment for high blood pressure
- Suggest treatment for high blood glucose levels
- Treatment for high alt levels in blood
- Suggest treatment for high level of prolactin
- High fasting blood sugar treatment
- Suggest treatment for high tsh level
- Suggest treatment for high immunoglobin level