Suggest treatment for high blood sugar levels

Question
I have XXXXXXX just diagonised T2DM with Fasting sugar 307 & PP 427. Urine glucose ++. I have started with Glyciphage (Metformin Hydrocloride) 500 mg twice daily since yesterday Should I also start GP1 with breakfast ?
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please follow the advice.

Detailed Answer:

I hope you have visited the doctor and this medicines are prescribed by doctor.

Your initial sugars are quite high and in most of the cases like this one needs combination of drugs to start with rather then single drug.

But if you have visited a qualified doctor M.B.B.S. or more qualified and he has prescribed this single drug than he might have reasons for not starting combination.

So,do not take anything on your own.

Apart from this please note the for control of diabetes you need to do

Do regular exercise
Plan your diet well
Take regular medicines.

Keep follow up with your doctor on regular basis and please go for other investigations also on periodic basis.

Dr.Pragnesh