Suggest treatment for high blood sugar levels

Dr. Phanindra Dulipala

Diabetologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: sir my wife is having last 7yrs diabetic, on april 14, tested thru serum fbs-165, pp- 200, she was taking diapride m1, since last three days she is having fbs-250 and pp - 349 test thru stick. her wt is 84 kg, can u suggest should she take diapride m2, she is having tsh-2.73, tgl95, tot cholestrol-140, hdl direct-37, ldl-84, vldl-19, tc/hdl ratio-3.80, hdl/ldl ratio-2.30, bilurbin direct-.10m bilurbin indirect-.22, SGOt-79.80, SGPT-88.7, protein - 7.48, albumin-4.22,globulin-3.28, albumin/globulin ratio-1.29, wbc-10.40,rbc-4.87, hgb-7.40
Answered by Dr. Phanindra Dulipala 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Diapride M2 in the morning

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir, I had gone through your query and understood your concerns.

Sir, The sugar levels you have mentioned are high. This happens in Diabetic patients after some time when they need slight increase in dosage. In such a condition, If I were her treating doctor, I would advice Diapride M2 in the morning and Diapride M1 in the evening along with blood sugar monitoring for 2-3 weeks. If sugar levels are under control, then continue that. If still higher then go with twice diapride M2.

You can discuss these changes with her treating doctor.

Hope this guides you. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can please close the discussion and rate the answer. Thank you.
Wishing her good health.
Dr Phanindra Dulipala.
Diabetologist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Phanindra Dulipala 9 hours later
sir pl suggest diet chart which help her to guide on regular basis.

place : odisha

Answered by Dr. Phanindra Dulipala 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diet chart for diabetics..

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir, welcome back.

The following diet chart .

07 a.m. Chapati(2 small), egg, Veg Curry A, Fruit A
11 a.m. Muri, Biscuits, "Ghol, Dab Water, Fruit B
01 p.m. Cooked rice(BHat)(2cups), Fish, Meat, Dal(1 Medium thick), Vegetable.
04 a.m. Milk (toned), (1 small cup) or pea-nuts/ engal grams.
09 p.m. Atta-chapati, Fish, Dal15gm, Vegetable B.

Veg A: All kinds of leaf veg, cabbage, cauliflower, tomato, brinjal, unripe papaya, white gaurd, drum-stick, bitter gaurd.

veg B Carrot, onion, peas, green mangoes, beans, unripe banana, ladies fingers.

Fruit A : Black berries, star fruit, amla, white berries

Fruit B : Pears, peech,guava.

Wishing her good health.
Dr Phanindra Dulipala.
Diabetologist.

Follow up: Dr. Phanindra Dulipala 11 hours later
sir sincerely thanks for your immediate answer
she is taking medicine at 9am and 9 pm as before she takes thyrox 50 at 7 am
can u suggest timing for medicine.
want to know is it comparable with LCHF ? as suggested in diet list
as i understand LCHF is good for diabetic control
she is having gastric problem takeing Neupenta LS in the morning since last three months before it was Nexpan 40.
Answered by Dr. Phanindra Dulipala 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The timing is good, no need any change.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir, good morning.

The timing of medicine is absolutely fine. Yes The diet plan is comparable with LCHF. The intention low carbohydrate diet. For gastritis, Neupenta LS can be continued.

Wishing her good health.
Dr Phanindra Dulipala.
Diabetologist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad