Suggest treatment for high blood pressure
I had been facing high BP since 3-4 months, tried homeopathy but had no effect on it. it always came in the 90-150 or 100-160 range. Finally had visited a physician. He prescribed S-Numlo 2.5. Also he suggested a range of tests. Below are the details of the ones that are out of the required range. I do not have diabetes.
MVC count - 98 (76-96 fl)
Cholesterol, serum (CHOD-POD) - 304 (high >-240 mg/dl)
LDL Cholesterol (direct), serum - 223.6 (very high: >=190 mg/dl)
CHOL/HDL/CHOL RATIO - 5.5 (0-4.5)
LDL CHOL/ HDL CHOL RATIO - 4.1 (0-3.5)
SGOT (AST), serum - 49.9 (5-40 U/L)
SGPT (ALT), serum - 94.7 (5-41 U/L)
Gamma GT (GGTP), serum - 115.3 (3-60U/L)
Uric acid, serum - 7.4 (3.4-7.0 mg/ dl)
He prescribed me Rosave 20 for high cholesterol and Febumac 40 for uric acid. Shall re-do these tests after 3 months. Also asked me to do a Vitamin B12 serum and Vitamin D3.. I will get results for these today evening. I want to know if these medicines will help reduce cholesterol and BP? I do drink regularly but shall try and reduce intake in coming days. Have stopped outside food. Also would want to know if eating sweet fruits like muskmelon, Watermelon, grapes, XXXXXXX could lead to diabetes? Also this amount of LDL can lead to a heart attack? At times at nigh when I go to the toilet, I feel heaviness in my heart and am unable to stand. this does not happen regularly.
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Your blood pressure,cholesterol,uric acid and liver enzymes are high and need control.
BP medicine is all right but your BP would need monitoring and in case BP doesn't come to the level around 130-80,you may have to increase the dose of S numlo.
Cholesterol levels are high and in particular LDL is high which needs to be brought down to around 100.
Levels of GGTP and SGPT are high and are due to consumption of alcohol.It needs o be stopped completely for few months atleast.
Uric acid is high and it needs to be brought around 5.5 by medicines as well as dietary restrictions.
Medicines being prescribed are perfectly all right but you need to emphasise more on lifestyle changes like...
Avoiding saturated fats,meat,alchol,fish,pickles,papar,less salt,bakery products
Avoid cauliflower,brinjal,spinach,mushrooms,great peas( for high uric acid )
Avoid chickoo and custard apple
Avoid RAJMAH,CHOLE ,CHANNA
Take fresh fruits and other green vegetables
Drink plenty of water
Do regular aerobic exercises for 45 minutes a day
Shed your weight.
Since you are not diabetic you can take muskmelon,watermelon grapes etc, XXXXXXX should not be eaten in excess.
High blood fats and blood pressure increase the chances of heart attacks multifold.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thank you for the detailed reply. Did get my vitamin check done. 25-OH Vitamin D, Cerum by CMIA is at 13. and Vitamin B12, cerum by CMIA is at 306. I go for a walk daily for 30 min on the treadmill. Is there any heart rate i should be targeting? It is usually between 111-125 when I am walking.
Also family physician had advised to stop drinking milk and advised to have 100gms or Chicken or Fish daily. Can I follow this?
VIT D levels are definitely low and you require supplementation for that.
VIT B 12 are also just marginally above the lower limit and hence it would be better to take supplement for that also.
I would not recommend either fish or chicken because of your high uric acid.
You can take fat free milk.
Take nuts like almonds,walnuts,pistachios etc.
Targeted XXXXXXX heart rate is 220-30 into .7 = 133 per minute for maximum 15-20 minutes and then gradually cooling down.
I hope it helps however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for high blood pressure
- Suggest treatment for high blood pressure
- What is the treatment for high blood pressure
- High blood pressure natural treatments
- Paroxetine treatment for high blood pressure
- Constant high blood pressure treatment
- High blood pressure emergency treatment
- High blood pressure symptoms treatment
- Postpartum high blood pressure treatment
- High blood pressure hypertension treatment
- Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help
- Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound...
- Elevated levels of ALT and protein in urine. Should I be concerned about...
- Infant has large belly button. Is there a hernia belt appropriate for...
- Do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Done C-peptide test. Want to know...
- Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be...
- Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion,...
- What can get rid of bad nose smell?
- Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or...
- Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?