Suggest treatment for high blood pressure

Dr. Monish De

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 23 Sep 2014 in Cancer
Question: my blood pressure is 161 over 89
I had a re ent scan and minimal plaque.

Is my pressure a problem and how can I have it without plaque
buildup?
Answered by Dr. Monish De 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
calcium channel blocker

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since your blood pressure is 161/89 mm Hg, you need to take cilnidipine 5 mg tablet once daily in the morning after food as it is high. Please request your doctor to write a prescription for the same.

You can take the tablet in whole, with a glass of water. To achieve the best possible results, take your dose at the same time each day.

It is a calcium channel blocker prescribed for patients at risk of vascular damage caused by hypertension.

It helps to control high blood pressure by reduce the functioning of the body`s angiotensin receptors and also reduces plaque formation in blood.

Lifestyle changes, such as eating a healthy diet and exercising, are often the best treatment for plaque formation.

Dr De
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Monish De 15 hours later
Given my bodyscan indicated minimal plaque build up

what can cause high blood pressure?

Kidney function ? Or other possible causes.
Answered by Dr. Monish De 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
CT scan whole abdomen

Detailed Answer:
Hi

High blood pressure can be due to kidney problems, adrenal gland tumors, thyroid problems and alcohol abuse.

Since your bodyscan indicated minimal plaque build up i would recommend you do a CT scan of whole abdomen to check your condition of kidney and adrenal glands.

DR De
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad