Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for high blood pressure

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 3614 Questions
My husband 49 has been taking Bystolic 5mg (for a week) and Altace 10 mg (for years). His blood pressure is
145/93 about the same as before he started taking his new medication Bystolic. Should we contact his physician now? Or should we give it more time?
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
wait for a while mild hypertensive

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Waiting for a little while longer would be fine.if not helpful then change of medicine or shuffling of dose would be considered. Meanwhile modify diet and lifestyle regular exercise , lipid lowering , no trans or saturated fats maximum salt intake of no more than 2 gm a day.your husband is mildly hypertensive .He will be fine. Let's wait a bit and give the medications some time.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor