Suggest treatment for high blood pressure

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My husband 49 has been taking Bystolic 5mg (for a week) and Altace 10 mg (for years). His blood pressure is
145/93 about the same as before he started taking his new medication Bystolic. Should we contact his physician now? Or should we give it more time?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
wait for a while mild hypertensive

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Waiting for a little while longer would be fine.if not helpful then change of medicine or shuffling of dose would be considered. Meanwhile modify diet and lifestyle regular exercise , lipid lowering , no trans or saturated fats maximum salt intake of no more than 2 gm a day.your husband is mildly hypertensive .He will be fine. Let's wait a bit and give the medications some time.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX