Suggest treatment for high blood pressure and shortness of breath while sleeping

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am 36 yrs old.I am having high blood pressure above 90/140. I feel the problem of breathingwhen i go to sleep..whenever i feel asleep i become unable to breath and so i could not sleep properly...what is the problem? Please tel..i am takin bp medicines also
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation

Detailed Answer:

feeling breathless on sleeping is called Orthopnea. Most of times the cause for this is due to improper blood circulation into the lungs secondary to heart issues.

I suggest you to get yourself evaluated starting with an 2D echo of the heart. This will surely give information on why do you feel breathless.

This symptom has to be addressed at the earliest as the conditions causing this are treatable in the early stages.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Thank you very much sir..Please tel what is 2D Echo?? is it a test or anything else? Does my problem is related with blood pressure too? I use to feel this problem from my childhood..
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
2D echo is a heart scan

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

2D echocardiograph is a scanning test for the heart, it shows if any structural or abnormalities in the dynamics of the heart.

Yes, your problem could be related to blood pressure but indirectly.

Get evaluated.

Wish you good health.