Suggest treatment for high blood pressure and allergy
Alfa blockers are effective in treating pheochromacitoma.
Sorry to learn about your condition.
First i wanted to ask you, is pheochromacitoma confirmed or is a diagnosis that you doubt?
If pheochromacitoma is confirmed the best treatment is surgical resection of the adrenal glands.
A good treatment of high blood pressure is mandatory before surgery.
If the surgical treatment is not possible for any reason than the best control of blood pressure is achieved by selective alpha blockers.
Selective alpha1 blocking agents, such as prazosin (Minipress), terazosin (Hytrin), and doxazosin (Cardura), have more favorable adverse effect profiles and are used when long-term therapy is required.
Please discuss with your endocrinologist about these agents.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Paint allergy and high blood pressure
- High blood pressure milk allergy
- Treatment for high blood pressure
- Suggest treatment for high blood pressure
- High blood pressure natural treatments
- Constant high blood pressure treatment
- High blood pressure emergency treatment
- High blood pressure symptoms treatment
- Postpartum high blood pressure treatment
- High blood pressure hypertension treatment
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?