Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for high alkaline phosphatase

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2212 Questions
treatment for high alkaline phophatase
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload your lab reports

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Alkaline phosphatase is increased mainly in 2 pathologies:
- rheumatismal diseases
- cholecyst issues

High alkaline phosphatase alone cannot be treated; instead, underlying condition yes, can be treated. You can send your reports in and let me analyze them further before running into final conclusions.

Thank you!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for high alkaline phosphatase 23 hours later
I am not satisfied with your answer at all. There must be supplements or procedures to help my condition. The internet shows some, how come you do not.

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Following suggestions...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back XXXX,

Thank you for following up.

My intention is to provide specific advice and recommendations for you and not generally speaking as per in Internet. That's why I have asked to have all your lab results to assist you specifically, i..e advising on specific treatment for underlying cause.

Anyway, generally speaking, a high dose of antioxidants (e.g. vit. E) and vit. D.

As lack of vit.D might be one factor causing high phosphatase levels, you should :
- take vit.D supplementation
- consume more foods high in vit.D and E (fish, dairies, etc.)

Hope it helped!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor