Suggest treatment for high alkaline phosphatase

Gastroenterologist
Question
treatment for high alkaline phophatase
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload your lab reports

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Alkaline phosphatase is increased mainly in 2 pathologies:
- rheumatismal diseases
- cholecyst issues

High alkaline phosphatase alone cannot be treated; instead, underlying condition yes, can be treated. You can send your reports in and let me analyze them further before running into final conclusions.

Thank you!
Dr.Klerida

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for high alkaline phosphatase 23 hours later
I am not satisfied with your answer at all. There must be supplements or procedures to help my condition. The internet shows some, how come you do not.

XXXX

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Following suggestions...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back XXXX,

Thank you for following up.

My intention is to provide specific advice and recommendations for you and not generally speaking as per in Internet. That's why I have asked to have all your lab results to assist you specifically, i..e advising on specific treatment for underlying cause.

Anyway, generally speaking, a high dose of antioxidants (e.g. vit. E) and vit. D.

As lack of vit.D might be one factor causing high phosphatase levels, you should :
- take vit.D supplementation
- consume more foods high in vit.D and E (fish, dairies, etc.)

Hope it helped!
Dr.Klerida