Suggest treatment for high WBC count in urine and fever

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 19 Aug 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I am a 33 year old male. I woke up monday with major pains in my lower stomach. A little trouble going to the bathroom and this has been a problem in the past. My doctor checked me out and had me do labwork. I also went to a urologist and he said i wasnt retaining urine. My blood work showed a high white blood cell count. I then got a 101 fever. The pain has subsided a lot without medication. What do you think was wrong with me?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please give details and post actual reports.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
To recapitulate: Male/33 - woke up on Monday with major pain in the lower stomach - trouble in going to bathroom - similar past history - Urologist says no urine problem - high WBC and fever - pain subsided a lot without medication - wants to know what would have been wrong...

Increased WBC, fever and pain in lower abdomen can usually be due to either urinary tract infection or enteritis/colitis with infection.

Please give the reports related to stool and urine examination too.
Were there any other symptoms like burning urination and/or frequency; loose stool with foul smell?