Suggest treatment for high SGPT and SGOT levels
I am male 51, weighing 83 Kgs. regular in aerobics excercise from past 10 yrs. All parameters normal. SGPT, SGOT slightly high. casual smoker, almost regular social drinker. Regular check us every 6 months. under medication Omnitan-50 and Aztor 10 from past 6 years
yesterday did tmt , resulted- ST depression in V4, V5 upsloping.
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that in your case a mild increase of SGPT and SGOT may be explained by several factors as follows:
- Regular alcoholic drinks (leads to liver damages depending on the daily amount and duration of this habit);
- Sometimes Atorvastatin (Aztor) has been associated with increased liver enzymes and myopathy; which are expressed besides other symptomatology with increased SGPT and SGOT levels;
- Also, exaggerated physical exertion may lead to slight increase of the above enzymes
Coming to this point, I recommend trying to reduce/stop regular drinking and re-check again transaminases levels (SGPT & SGOT).
In addition, an abdominal ultrasound is recommended for further investigating liver structure and dimensions.
Also, if body weakness and muscle pain is present to check also other enzymes like:
If an adverse muscle implication is suspected after that, it is rationale to reduce daily physical training, at least for a while.
Regarding TMT results, i would like to explain that there is nothing to worry about.
Up-sloping ST depressions are not considered pathological. It is not a sign of cardiac ischemia.
Meanwhile, as you actually have coronary risk factors (you are a smoker and hypertensive [on antihypertensive therapy], have dyslipidemia [on anti-cholesterol therapy] ), it is advisable to thoroughly investigate for any other risk factors like glucose metabolism disorder, etc.
You should check fasting blood glucose level and glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1C).
At the end, I strongly encourage you to continue following a healthy life-style (healthy diet like Mediterranean diet), avoid smoking, decrease drinking habit and continue daily physical exertion.
Hope to have been helpful to you!
In case of any further uncertainties, feel free to ask me again!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hepatitis a infection high bilirubin levels sgot sgpt normal treatment
- High levels of sgpt and sgot treatment diet
- Sgot, sgpt levels on telmisartan treatment
- Suggest treatment to keep sgpt and sgot levels under control
- High sgot sgpt ayurvedic treatment
- Treatment for reduce sgpt and sgot levels
- Suggest treatment for elevated sgpt and sgot levels
- Homeopathic treatment for high sgot sgpt
- Diagnosed with diabetes and high sgpt sgot levels treatment
- Treatment for high sgpt and sgot levels