Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for high BP

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Cardiologist, Interventional
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 424 Questions
I was feeling discomfort in my left hand, wrist and arm due to hectic work schedule for some days. I visited doctor. He advised for ECG. It was normal but he reported High BP and High Pulse. He also prescribed me BP related pill to take daily. I took for few days but now I am concentrating on my diet rather than taking medicine. My age is 28. What do you suggest. Should I need to go for Preventive Health Checkup or any specific tests.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: First recheck your BP and pulse Detailed Answer: Please have your BP and Pulse checked. If they are normal on diet have Treadmill test done to make sure that pain is not related to heart. If BP is high you need continue on meds bring it to control and than test. ALso if you have not recently checked have your cholesterol and sugar checked.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor