Suggest treatment for high BP
exerise, lose weight if needed, cut down on salt
Hello and thank you for this great question.
First don't be alarmed by one high reading. We do not treat high blood pressure unless you have at least 3 high readings on three different days.
High blood pressure is one thing that can be modified easily in many people by changes in diet and exercise. If you are overweight at all, sometimes losing even a few pounds can lower your blood pressure.
Many people are sensitive to salt so getting all the salt out of your diet is helpful. Other substances that can raise the blood pressure are anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen or aleve, alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine so getting rid of those will help as well.
Regular exercise like walking 30 minutes a day can also help.
Consult your doctor before starting a rigorous exercise program.
Good luck to you,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest natural treatment for high bp
- Treatment and cure for high bp
- High bp treatment
- What are the treatments for anxiety and high bp
- Suggest treatment for high bp accompanied by headaches
- What is the treatment for high bp
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Suggest medication for high bp
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for high bp with stomach infection
- Suggest treatment for cough when on high bp medication
- What causes gas, stomach gurgling and fullness in upper chest?
- Is it not safe to have Amoxicillin for heart murmur?
- Suggest treatment for constipation and tenderness on the sides
- Suggest treatment for Angioedema and severe swelling in limbs and face
- Suggest treatment for soft stool
- What causes hair loss?
- Suggest treatment for fever, sore throat, cough and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to arthritis in spine and both hands
- Can Requip and Sinemet be taken together?
- What causes gritty, white discharge during urination?