Suggest treatment for high BP
I suffer from high blood pressure. I am 47 years old. I have had episodes in which my pressure had gone up to 190/110. However my ECG, cardiogram, and CT scan have been normal. My pressure even dropped to 90/45 and i had to be rushed to hospital. I have this fear that something will happen to me. Every time i see the blood pressure instrument, my pulse shoots in excess of 130 increasing my blood pressure. I have a family history of heart problems. Otherwise it is always below 80. I take beta blocker nd losar 50. Please suggest what should i do. IS it serious
Such fluctuations are not acceptable
Hi and thanks for your query.
Yes the reading of high blood pressure are quite dangerous but if reports are normal, calls for strict control of blood pressure. And maintain it around 135/85.
When did bp go low? Was it before treatment or after? and what was explanation given at hospital?
Please get back to me with details
Ok things look good
ok That way things look good. yes, whenever you go through such sudden illness you do develop some fear but in your case it looks out of proportion and may need to psychiatrist. but as a off shoot I can suggest you treatment what we call flooding. That means do the task that produces fear repeatedly and your fear becomes less and less. so keep recording your BP daily multiple times till your heart rate response normalize.
thanks I am blessed that I was helpful. I am not sure whether I am allowed to share my contact details here. but the website has my profile and all details
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest natural treatment for high bp
- Treatment and cure for high bp
- High bp treatment
- What are the treatments for anxiety and high bp
- Suggest treatment for high bp accompanied by headaches
- What is the treatment for high bp
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Suggest medication for high bp
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for high bp with stomach infection
- Suggest treatment for cough when on high bp medication
- HTN, taken Norvasc, Approvel, Omega 3, iron, calcium. Weight loss...
- Is my ECG report abnormal due to relapsed hyperthyroidism ?
- Shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, dizziness, ringing in ears. POTS...
- Angina, tennis player, stent in coronary artery. Angina due to RBBB ?
- Is NSAID damage reversible ?
- Does high BP cause restless and irritant behavior ?
- Cardiogram shows heart attack, stress tests, no energy, shortness of...
- Atrial fibrillation, trough electric cardioversion, taken Flecainide,...
- Anxiety, dizziness, light-headedness, nausea, neck and chest tightness,...
- Stress, panic attacks, electrolyte imbalance in QT prolongation