Suggest treatment for high BP
the top value (systolic) is too high
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
The top value (the systolic) is too high but the bottom value ( diastolic) is ok.
The blood pressure goals guidelines were released in 2014, called the JNC 8 guidelines.
For persons over the age of 60 , the goal is now a blood pressure of less than 150/90 unless there is diabetes or kidney disease.
If either of these is present then the goal is less than 140/90.
If you do not have diabetes or kidney disease then your aim is a blood pressure of less than 150/90.
This means that the top value is a little too high.
A change in dose , type or addition of medication would help to improve this.
It would decrease the diastolic as well but this would not be harmful to you unless it dropped to less than 60 which is not likely.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest natural treatment for high bp
- Treatment and cure for high bp
- High bp treatment
- What are the treatments for anxiety and high bp
- Suggest treatment for high bp accompanied by headaches
- What is the treatment for high bp
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Suggest medication for high bp
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for high bp with stomach infection
- Suggest treatment for cough when on high bp medication