Suggest treatment for high BP

Question
My Doctor took me off propranolol, now my blood pressure is very high. 159/109 pulse 100
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Report this to your doctor!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Please, get in contact with your doctor to let him know the changes that you have experienced in your blood pressure numbers and pulse rate since getting off this medication. Do you know the reasons why he discontinued this medication?

I am sure this would prompt him to review the treatment as a whole, the decision to stop propranolol and what next to make sure he addresses your health condition.
I understand no one ones to live with such high numbers. For now, they are not too life threatening and I suggest you stay calm. Talk to your doctor and together you both would figure out a solution for this.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Thank you so much for trusting us with your health questions.