Suggest treatment for high BP with headaches,vomiting and head heaviness

Question
my mother is going through high BP 150/96 along with acute headache,vomiting tendency, head heaviness
I have acuvet 5mg
should I give her the medicine.
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can take the medication, if no help, doctor needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query and would like you to know that I am here to help. The medication acuvert (with active ingredient prochlorperazine) is mainly used for vertigo and associated symptoms. Although it is still unclear whether or not your mother is experiencing these symptoms due to vertigo as you have not reported symptoms like difficulty with balance and dizziness.

I would recommend a visit to the doctor, but for now she can take acuvert 5 mg. If at all her symptoms do not subside within a few hours (2-4), please report to a doctor as the issue could be an inner ear problem, hypertension, or even a cerebrovascular issue.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for high BP with headaches,vomiting and head heaviness 11 hours later
I had got my corn operated a month ago and this the current condition I have to get this to recover as quickly as I can as I have to travel I have been asked to put metrogyl P and nadoxin cream.
please help me out!!

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Healing same pace, cushion the region

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again and my deepest apologies for the delay as I was travelling and was in transit for quite some time with no access to the internet.

The usual treatment prescribed to promote healing include the use of antibiotics which have already been prescribed. What you can do to make traveling much more comfortable is to use a corn cushion easily available in any medical store. This will relieve the pressure off the area operated, and allow you to travel comfortably. Other than this you may also dress the area heavily to help relieve the pressure.

The healing process will go as it usually does ma'am, and antibiotics will work at their own pace so unfortunately we cannot rush that.

I hope your travel is comfortable, safe and full of fun. Wishing you nothing but the best.

Best wishes.