Suggest treatment for high BP in a diabetic

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Elderly Problems
Question: my hamstrings stomatch back i am 68 years young a chronic smoker and opic user
former cocaine user for 20 years my heart has one stint my left knee has been replaced
my hamstrings espicially left one hurts so bad i can barely walk. i am diabetic and have high
blood pressure. i have two herneias, a growth in my thyroid. how do i attack these problems?

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The pain at the leg is an emergency.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.

As you described there are some problems to be treated.
First of all the the pain and paralysis of the leg needs a prompt evaluation, it may be due to a thrombosis of the deep veins or due to arterial damages caused by Diabetes.
So i would suggest to go to ER.
Diabetes and Hypertension, of course should be taken under control, so treatment should not be delayed.
Regarding to the thyroid nodule, if it is increased lately, your treating physician may suggest a FNA (citology to exclude malignancy).
Hope i have been helpful.

Wish you good health.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana