• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for high BP despite taking Telmiget

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hallo,l am a 42 yr old male .lam on medication for bp for 4 yrs now,but my BP has never been under control. I hv under gone all the check ups.all normal.but my BP is 100/150 now.using telmeget 80 once daily but no use.earlier used losar losar a and concore am(which resulted in ankle swelling).which medicine will suit me.please advise. Will losar h work for me?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
TELMEGET H can be tried

Detailed Answer:
I am glad to take up this question.
You should understand that every person is different the way he receives a medication and how it acts on him. How he metabolizes and when does he achieve the required dose concentration before it actually acts to produce the desired clinical results,
So what I mean is your doctor should be trying the most common and most advisable combinations for your age, geography, co morbid conditions to get your target blood pressure under 140/90. Sometimes it may take longer time. Sometimes the participating patient is not taking enough precautions / complementary advices like diet, exercise, relaxation techniques which also play a pivotal role especially when the medications are not getting the desired results.
To answer your question you can add Hydrocholorthiazide 12.5mg to Telmisartan 80mg as well. You do not need to go back to Losartan (LOSAR H).
So ask your doctor about this. But yes this can help to reduce the swelling of the legs.
Hope you understand what I am trying to say.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered by
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 1731 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Relaxation techniques

doctor1 MD

I'm having recurring sharp pains in my head. Seems to be behind right eye and radiates to top of head. Pain is fleeting, but head feels strange...

doctor1 MD

I had a cycle scan of my abdomen and pelvis without oral contrast , but both before and after the uneventful administration of intravenous contrast...

doctor1 MD

My scalp has been sensitive to the touch for 2 months. No rash , sores or headaches . Had 35 ECT sessions a few years ago. Could sensitive scalp be...

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing worse sinus allergy symptoms than usual for past 2 days. Unable to sleep last night due to feelings of intense anxiety (unusual...

doctor1 MD

have sevre anxiety, i cannot drive a car, i am on disability due to my emotional irreluulations and mild agoraphobia, my anxiety has recently...

doctor1 MD

I'm a 54 year old female who has been under a lot of stress. Recently I have been noticing weird things. I start reading articles in the middle or...

doctor1 MD

I have a son in his forties who has always had a "short fuse". He can go from OK to suddenly swearing, acting irrational and spiteful. He has tried...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

200 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. V. N. S. Parinam
  • Q - Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion

  • Q - What causes excessive sweating?

  • Q - What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?

  • Q - Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?

  • Q - Does nicotine cause chest pain?

  • Q - What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?

  • Q - What causes white coating on tongue?

  • Q - What causes black specks in stool?

  • Q - What does a black spot on palm indicate?

  • Q - What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?