Suggest treatment for high BP and weight gain
Weight gain can be from many causes
Thanks for your query.
If you tell me the exact date of change of medicine and start of weight gain, I will be better able to corelate. If it medicine related, it has to happen after start of medicine and it has to be a known side effect of it. Weight gain is not a known side effect of tazloc. Eslo 2.5mg is amlodipine and causes fluid retention.
Therefore this weight gain is not related to BP medicines.
We have to look for medical causes of weight gain. Some common causes are overeating due to stress, less exercise after retirement, depression, fluid retention in body, hypothyroidism, diabetes, etc. Some basic blood tests can rule these out.
If this weight gain is not associated with other symptoms like loss of interest in daily activities, tiredness, fever, swelling in body, etc, it can be watched for some time. Lifestyle measures can be taken like daily exercise, less fatty foods, etc.
Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest natural treatment for high bp
- Treatment and cure for high bp
- High bp treatment
- What are the treatments for anxiety and high bp
- Suggest treatment for high bp accompanied by headaches
- What is the treatment for high bp
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Suggest medication for high bp
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for high bp with stomach infection
- Suggest treatment for cough when on high bp medication