Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
189 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for high BP and upset stomach

Answered by
Dr. Sudhir

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2000

Answered : 1415 Questions

Posted on Fri, 17 Oct 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi doctor my name is XXXXXXX vyas , my age is 26 year old , male,
my weight is 85 kg and BMI is 30.
I am bit in stress because i am having stomach upsets ( now it is in control)
Recently i checked my(16th Sep) BP that was 90/140. whenever i go for BP check i started feeling frightened and heart beat increses ... it was very high heart beat.
yesterday i checked BP at my office dispensary around 4:30 p.m.(before that i was started feeling nervous and anxious) that was 85/150.... i again got frightened and i came to house than i went for checking again it as 90/160... that time i was very horrified(before going for BP reading , i sat there but as and when doctor put that machine on my hand i started feeling nervous) .....

I am bit worried,, i started loosing my weight and i lost 6 kg in 3 months through running and diet.....

I am married man and our sex life is also good. no issue on that part. i am going through a financial issues but i dont bother for that much...

please suggest what to do....

what should i do to calm down and anything to worry about.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yoga,meditation, breathing exercises mild medicine

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms are indicative of mild anxiety attacks.

Few things that can help you are - Yoga,meditation, breathing exercises , counselling and short course of mild medicine.

Dont worry everyone goes through such ups and downs once in a while.There is nothing wrong in it and a doctor's counselling can surely help you.

Doctor will put in on short course of medicines to calm your mind.Many individuals can drop from anxiety to depression so I am suggest to see doctor at the moment.

Also the exercise I have suggested can help in you in long term.So do follow them as well.

Do not worry about BP, its not significantly altered, its just because of your anxiety.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on  Stress

doctor1 MD

I have a possible stress fracture in the base of my 3rd toe. MRI and X-ray showed stress reaction. I don t know if that means full stress fracture....

doctor1 MD

Hi, I think I am in perimenopause and when I get in bed at night sometimes I m aware of my heartbeat and sometimes it feels like fluttering or...

doctor1 MD

i am 31 years old and have been married for the last 8 years with a 7 yr old daughter. After my daughter was born i completely lost interest in sex...

doctor1 MD

i am due to have nuclear stress test and i have anxiety disorder. i have put the test off three times, yet i know i really need to have it done.....

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I want to improve my brain performance, so visited Ayurvedic doctor to take the swarna bhasma,i am little obese and having snoring...

doctor1 MD

hi i m facing sleep disturbance since last 8 years i feel too much pressure over and behing myleft ears may be it leads to stress and breaks my...

doctor1 MD

I have low body temperature, and am concerned that my thyroid may be not working optimally. My TSH is 4.13. If I reduce the stress in my life, will...