Suggest treatment for high BP and stomach ulcers

Posted on Wed, 19 Apr 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I take lipitor 10 mg for slightly high blood pressure. I also take Concerta 64mg for ADHD.

I missed Concerta for a day and took it yeaterday afternoon, couldnt sleep last night.

Had thses issues

Is this a stomach ulcer or heart issue? After I woke up last night I had these issues.

Burp
Pain under breast bone
Nausea
Tight chest
Uncomfortable
Stomach pain
Lower back pain
Have to move or walk
Light headed or dizzy
Anxiety and can't calm down feeling
Tight around neck, hunched over a bit
Loud noises bother me
Don't want to talk
Irritated easy
Bloated
Toes numb after a while
Feel much better after burping

Took a pain pill, no change, two advil later and no change, anti acid tablets no change, peptobismol and no change

Went to the store and got chewable asprin and took 300mg feel a bit better and walking

If i sit still i have pain

Pushing in on my stomach a little above the belly button makes it not hurt as much.

No arm pain, no jaw pain.
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be cardiac or gastric.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
I am Dr Rishu Saxena and will be answering your questions.

Firstly both cardiac and gastric symptoms often overlap each other hence they are very difficult to differenciate, just on the basis of history.

However retrosernal pain(behind breast bone) with dizziness can be suggestive of angina.But again heartburn due to gastritis can cause retrosternal pain.

Though Classical angina is usually retrostenal but most of the symptoms you have are highly suggestive of Dyspepsia and gastritis.

You have not responded to any of the medicines used in gastric issues but have reported feeling better taking an antiplatelet.This drifts the differential diagnosis again toward it being a cardiac issue.

To be on safe side i would initilly advice you to go for two baseline tests of cardiology to rule out possibility of coronary artery disease.
2d echo-Wall motion of heart can be seen.Any gross ischemia to any part of heart would be reflected.
Stress test-Monitoring of vitals and ecg would be done while you run on a tread mill.Any ischemia would be reflected in form of ST-T changes.

Combined together the chances to rule out coronary artery disease are as high as 85%.
Once cardiac issue is ruled out medication can be given for treating gastritis and acid peptic disorders.An upper gastro intestinal tract endoscopy can be done to rule out possibility of ulcers or Hpylori infection.

Thanks and follow up with reports.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 3 hours later
I just took two anti acid tablets and a pill for bloating and gas, still no relief, same feeling. Should I go see a primary doctor or the ER?

I feel like I have anxiety and dont want to be around people right now.
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow-up

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Yes, go to the emergency room immediately.

As pain is there from last night it can be unstable angina.
You should go to the Emergency room.

Take Care

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist