Suggest treatment for high BP and pressure in head with hot flashes

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: On a nightly basis when I go to bed and sleep it is as if someone plugs me in and I boil internally, to the point that my brain feels to large for my scull and that it going to explode. The pressure in my ears, stem of neck and behind the ears is intense. I do not perspire. It is as if I am having a heat stroke. As a result of this I have had slight stroke and small anuyrism. I am 72 yrs old, a 9yr breast cancer survivor, had lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. Can't get anyone to give me diagnosis. Don't know if it might be hormonal of if my heating and cooling mechanism in my body does not work. End up in emergency with high blood pressure. They stabilise me, give me c-scan, say anuyrism remains the same and send me home. Does not seem to fit anyone's pigeon hole. Feel as if my brain has been hit against a wall. Neuro surgeon says anuyrism not the cause of this. Still compus mentus!! bed spelling and a sense of humour!!
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Endocrine

Detailed Answer:
Sorry to note your challenges with medical care.

When I see someone like you in my practice, I order the following tests in addition a thorough physical examination:

CBC
CMP
TSH
Free T4
Plasma Free metanephrines
HbA1c

Also ask your endocrinologist if you need to be evaluated for
Primary Aldosteronism
Cushing's syndrome
Acromegaly

The tests to screen for these conditions are:
ARR (Aldosterone Renin ratio)
Midnight Salivary Cortisol
IGF1

respectively

Dr. Shehzad Topiwala

Endocrinologist