Suggest treatment for high BP and nausea

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I'm having electric feeling pain left side above breast. takes breath away and feel nausea and weary off and on thru the day. High B/P 190 / 102 during episode
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should consult a physician first

Detailed Answer:
HI

Thanks for using healthcare magic.

In your case, such symptoms could be due to cardiac ailments or anxiety disorder.

First get your ECG or routine blood investigations done to rule out any cardiac ailments as your BP was high during the episode. If these tests come normal, then it could be due to anxiety disorder. For proper management, first consult a physician and then psychiatrist if required.

If you need further help, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari