• question-icon

Suggest treatment for high BP and cholesterol

Posted on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: My Mother is 55 years old with weight of 88 KG. she is taking concor 5 mg (Bisoprolol) regularly for high blood pressure, Also she is taking Atorvastin 10 mg for cholesterol and glucofage 500 mg two time a day to control sugur since 2 years. she always check her basic blood test every years. three days ago she checked again her blood and urine test on routine i found rise in WBC which was 16.9 *10E/9L which are higher than normal limit. she have no health issue now and healthy with no fever or any other complaint. i am attaching her blood test reports and please advice
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. There is no need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. So all the reports are normal except a mild increase in white cells and esr. Esr can be mildly high due to mild anemia which the patient is having. High white cell count can be due to any occult infection like viral, or if the sample was taken after meals. Since neuterophils are normal, there is again no need to worry. It will settle on its own.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist