Suggest treatment for high BP and chest pain

Question
I have been struggling with high blood pressure, but was able to get it down in a normal range through an exercise regimen. Last night in my boot camp class, I had some brief chest pains that subsided once I got home and rested. This morning my blood pressure is back up. (149/88) It just doesn't feel good. Any suggestions?
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medical Examination is required.

Detailed Answer:

I think you should get your self examined by a doctor and after examination he may advise ECG.

The reason for chest pain could be many like

Related to heart
Muscular pain
Gastric discomfort

One should ignore chest pain with high blood pressure.

Though your blood pressure is not alarmingly high,still it is always better to play safe.

Take rest,do not do physical exertion and be light on your stomach in meanwhile.

Please visit a doctor soon.

Dr.Pragnesh