Suggest treatment for high BP and breathing issues

Dr. Priyank Mody

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: first came breathing proplem then come to high blood pressure age 30
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Breathing problem can be because of high blood pressure itself

Detailed Answer:
Hello , I am Dr. Mody and i will be addressing your concern.
Some more clinical information and if you can upload available investigation as you have Already visited a doctor will help me better to guide you for future .
Also if you can tell me if you asthamatic , smoke , binge drink , are obese , have family history of high blood pressure , diabetes or any heart problem , and any stress event in life in recent past and you are on type of medication or drugs

I would like to assure you that many a times high blood pressure itself can cause some breathing problem , which will get resolved as soon as your pressure are controlled . Also anxiety will increase both , so staying calm and following my or your doctors advice will help you better .
Would wait for the details
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Priyank Mody 24 minutes later
no smoker and my family history every person not came BP.i am checked 2D scan and TMT test but doctor advice no proplem that result that why ask this proplem why coming to me.
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do read the detailed reply

Detailed Answer:
If echo cardiography and TMT both are normal and considering your age as 30 years, the cardiac v cause of breathlessness is ruled out.
So you may not be worried about the same.
Now do you have any my cough or viral infection in recent past, also so you work in a place where there is exposure to dust/ fumes, than a respiratory (lung) cause of breathing problem should be evaluated.
Do you have burping or chest pain post meals, than reflux gastritis should be considered.
Again as I said due to increased blood pressure too sometime you may feel , particularly when you exert.
So what is your blood pressure at present, are you taking any medication for it and what is your weight.
As I said hypertension is more commonly seen in younger age group like , the reason may be many like genetic, lifestyle and stress, diet habits, lack of exercise.
Why it came to me is not important, how I will try it so it doesn't harm me is important and should be addressed
Regards Dr Priyank Mody

Follow up: Dr. Priyank Mody 12 hours later
Dear Sir
i am working in a wind energy field where there is a changes of heavy Dust. and also Last one month back i had a viral infection that was find out during my urine test.

My Present age is 30 and weight 75.

And for the breathing problem and hypertension i discussed with doctor and he advised to everything is normal condition only there is no worry. But he told me that there may be a changes of problem with nerves and gastritis. and also doctor advised the following tablets
1.BETACAP-20 MG
2.TRYPTOMER-10MG TAB
3.M I -6

So please give your commands for the same.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do read the detailed reply

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX thank you for the information.
Now, in most probability your doctor thought the symptoms you had were more related to anxiety and that was pushing your blood pressure up too.
Beta carp is a drug which will help calm your pulse, blood pressure and other physical features of anxiety. Tryptomer is a tricyclic anti depressant which have a role in nerve pain too.. 3rd tab I couldn't understand, maybe a typing error
As both are in low dose you may continue the same for time being and slowly taper off in next three months
Now as you had said TMT and echo ruled out cardiac cause of breathlessness.
I would suggest you get a pulmonary function test done, it's like TMT of your lungs, and considering your job profile you should get it done every 3 years.
You may add a antacid like sompraz d / nexpro Rd in morning 15 mins before breakfast for the stomach as the cause of breathing and the symptoms you describe.
So upload all the reports and doctors prescription so I can give a second opinion for the same.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
Follow up: Dr. Priyank Mody 21 hours later
Dear sir,

i have upload my report and doctor prescription so pls give your second option.
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Be reassured, all your reports are normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I went through your reports. Some by mistake are your worksheets.
On your visit to your doctor the blood pressure noted is 120/80, so that is normal blood pressure and you don't have hypertension.
Also the attached report s are normal, you are being treated for may be an anxiety attack.
So be reassured there is no problem with your health.
As I said if you get breathlessness,
A pulmonary function test will rule out the lung cause because of your job profile.
Also an important aspect here is that you may not be used to exercise of physical stress so may that has triggered the event.
Continue the medication if that's helping you for a month and than you may consider of slowly tapering it off
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Priyank Mody 2 hours later
Dear sir,

ok thank you sir i am continue the medication
Brief Answer:
Ok, Wishing you best of health

Detailed Answer:
Sure, after 2 weeks let me know how you feel, directly by contacting through HCM at http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-priyank-mody/70273 and I will help you taper the dose of medication.
And as I suggested a pantoprazole plus domperidome 40 mg (pantocid d /pan s/nexpro rd) in morning would help .
Wishing you best of health.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad