Suggest treatment for hidradenitis suppurativa
Additional information required
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Hidradenitis suppuritiva is chronic inflammation of sweat glands. Any active inflammation leads to flaring up of inflammation with increase in lesion and associated with discharge .
Majority of individuals respond to long term use of antibiotics for 3-4 weeks , keeping the area clean and dry. resistant cases may require surgical excision .
It would be very helpful if you could provide me following additional information
1. Where is location of lesion ?
1. Since how long is it present ?
3. How many episodes of worsening of symptoms has she faced?
Providing clinical photograph will be helpful
Awaiting your response
Dr Shobha Deepak
Clinical photograph required
It would be difficult to give a opinion without clinical examination or photograph of the lesion. I Would suggest you to consult Plastic Surgeon who would appropriately deal with it using flaps.
Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy life
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is there any effective treatment for hidradenitis suppurativa
- Treatment and cure for hidradenitis suppurativa
- Hidradenitis suppurativa boil treatment
- Hidradenitis suppurativa treatment adults
- Is hidradenitis suppurativa dangerous
- Is loestrin 24 and hidradenitis suppurativa
- Hidradenitis suppurativa of breast
- Hidradenitis suppurativa right axilla
- Dial soap hidradenitis suppurativa
- Hidradenitis suppurativa indicative of cancer
- Taking Limcee for TB. What could be the reason for blood in sputum?
- Noticed increase in blood pressure after eating. Colonoscopy and CT scan...
- Should I be concerned about a lump under my right clavicle?
- Can Loprin be taken at 5 weeks pregnancy?
- What is the reason for skin around nose and hair line turning black?
- Suffering from loose motion after taking azithral for sore throat...
- What is the reason for numbness in leg and body after walking on thread...
- What is the cure for chest contraction and back muscle that developed...
- What is the cure for persistent nausea?
- Can drinking coffee and smoking causes gloating, nausea and dizziness?