Suggest treatment for hiatal hernia

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have a hiatal hernia. it gives me trouble if I don't cut up my beef small enough. No other food causes the problem. It will block my esophagus with a wad of mucus and the offending beef. Usually I can clear it by purging, but tonight It didn't help. I have purged at least 10 times, but the blockage is still there. Any Ideas?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Here is what you can do.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

Sometimes this can happen in settings of hiatal hernia ... usually it gets well with time if your pruge...drink fluids over it... or take the next meal..

Here are a few things which can help you.

1) Drink much fluid.
2) Drink a 300ml tin pack of Coke.
3) Use a peokinetic like metoclopramide or motillium this will help.

It should get better in 24 hours stay calm everything should be fine... if in rarest of cases it doesn't get better in 24 hours you should visit your doctor in very few cases an endocsopy is needed to look into the problem and cure it.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 24 minutes later
I cant eat or drink much of anything because I throw it back up.

It is late Saturday night here and I can't call my doctor until Monday morning. My only choice is the hospital ER, but I'm not crazy about spending the day in the hospital. There is a minor emergency office, but I don't know if they have the capability to help me.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
If you can't eat or drink anything then it needs to be removed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for writing, there can only be two options which you can avail at home one is using a laxative other us induced vomiting if those two don't work for you then it is advised to visit a medical facility you can't wait for a day and a half.

Sometimes food particle is stuck in a crease or somewhere ...which doesnt come in path of food water or vomits to it stays there and has to be remived manually with some instrument.

So if you can not drink or use medicines, it's advised to visit a facility even if it's small it is usually equipped with basic procedures.

I hope you get out of this problem soon, don't panic untill you are breathing will this stuck particle isn't life threatening but still it should be gotten tid of as soon as possible.

Best regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad