Suggest treatment for herpetic stomatitis in an adult?
Specific antiviral drugs,cream,pain killers useful
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
Herpes simplex lesions are self limiting. The will heal within two weeks with or without treatment.
But treatment with appropriate antiviral drugs definitely fasten the healing, alleviate the discomfort and pain and will reduce the viral shedding after healing.
Acyclovir 4oo mg 3 times a day for 5-7 days or Famcyclovir 250 mg twice a day or Valcyclovir 1 gm daily for 5-7 days will equally effective in healing the HSV lesions or stomatitis. Acyclovir cream can be applied over lips. If pain is severe local anesthetic creams and pain killers may be useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is carafate used in the treatment of stomatitis?
- Treatment and cure for herpetic stomatitis
- Drugs/medication for herpetic stomatitis
- Diagnosis of herpetic stomatitis
- Stomatitis aphtosa treatment
- Treatment and cure for angular stomatitis
- Famous person with herpetic stomatitis
- Gingival herpetic stomatitis
- Herpetic stomatitis causes
- Symptoms of herpetic stomatitis
- Itching on penis and sides of it. What medication is recommended?
- Red rashes appeared on penis head. Tested negative for STD. On...
- Red burning scrotum. Taking Gabapin with no relief. Need immediate cure
- Hair fall, burning, hurting, itchy scalp with intermittent occurrence of...
- Itching sensation around vaginal area, used wipes. Butt is itching,...
- Dark spot on organ, rashes, itchy at night, may be syphilis
- Stomach rash, itchy, not taking medication, no change in diet. Any...
- Small rounds in skin below neck, sometimes itchy. What medication should...
- Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum in pubic region, cryotherapy done....
- How soon am I contagious after having contact with herpes? How long...