Suggest treatment for herpes

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Tue, 25 Apr 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I have been diagnosed with herpes complex b but I do not have any symptoms the only thing I experience is when I try to have sex it is very painful inside on the left side.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vaginal blisters and sores

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms, most people who have genital herpes usually do not know they have it due to no or very mild symptoms.
once you get the infection the virus remains dormant ( inactive) in the nerve cells and remain there indefinitely . sometimes the virus becomes active ( this could happen even years after the initial infection) . when the virus becomes active it produces small blisters that break down into sores that become very painful. ( this what happened inside your vagina)
you can pass the infection to your sexual partner even if condoms were used.
herpes virus infection has no cure , medications only try to control the painful symptoms.
apply the pain gel prescribed by your doctor. you can also use painkillers as ibuprofen tablets 200 mg
warm salt water vagina douches will help the blisters and sores go away.
application of an antiviral ointement as acyclovir will also help the blisters go away .
I hope I answered your question. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T